Saturday, July 15, 2006

Progress on the library front

The necessary changes on the foundation library and the framework library are complete. While working on them, I noticed some details, that I don't like. The way the code is partitioned into these two libraries doesn't make much sense. Also I would like to change the way how the GUI-related stuff works.

The longer I look at the code, the more I get the impression, that these two libraries have reached the end of their life circle. Maybe it is time for writing a new set of libraries to replace them (re-using as much code as possible, but without inheriting the design weaknesses). Anyway, that is something I will think about later (much later). For now I have more than enough tasks at hand.

After finishing with porting the libraries to the new compiler, I took a look at the Graphite source. It seems like some pieces of old style code skipped into Graphite, too. Annoying. Now I have to repeat the whole procedure.

In between I made a small improvement to DScript. The NTString instruction can now take an optional 3rd argument, that specifies which value is used for padding, e.g.
NTString 12 "draw" " "
This generates the following sequence of bytes:
'd'
'r'
'a'
'w'
' '
' '
' '
' '
' '
' '
' '
' '

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home