Sunday, July 30, 2006

Using DScript

Sorry for not posting for such a long time. Was a pretty stressful week. Anyway, I made some progress with SRPG.

Besides others things I started to develop the game world (so far I had only some test locations). And in doing so I found another bug in DScript. The error reporting mechanism isn't only off by one (as mentioned in the !Help file). While working an the world script, it went completely bogus. By now I am almost regretting, that I did release DScript that early.

I won't give you much information about the game world, because that would be a spoiler. But here is an excerpt from the script, just so you have an idea how it looks:

Exits 3
ExitNT L_BP_City
Exit L_BP_Mine
TriggerBegin 1
Trigger
Cond_HasItem I_Coin 10
Act_RemItem I_Coin 10
Act_Chain_Begin
Act_Message "No_Money"
Act_Abort
Act_Chain_End
TriggerEnd
Exit L_BP_HauntedMine
TriggerBegin 1
Trigger
Cond_Skill Sk_Level 5
Act_None
Act_Chain_Begin
Act_Message "Lvl_Low"
Act_Abort
Act_Chain_End
TriggerEnd
ExitsEnd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home